Saturday, November 17, 2012

Only The Good Stuff

"You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the only one who'll decide where you'llgo." Dr Seuss

Right now my baby is drinking his milk before his nap, the Disney channel is on, my hair is in a topknot and yes I'm wearing the infamous yoga pant.  I'm a mom.  For some women their significant other can look at them and BAM pregnancy happens.  It wasn't that way for me.  After two miscarriages I felt like maybe it was God telling me that being a mom was not for me.  You know I still think about those moments and cry by myself.  Yet this spurred me to get fit.  I lost 20lbs and on July, 4 2010 I found out I was pregnant. 

 
2 months pregnant
Ready to burst!
 
I was induced on April 3, 2011 because of preeclamsia.  Levi was born April 4, 2011 and I knew that I had to do everything possible to be really healthy for the next one. 
 
 
 
I've done a lot of fad diets since then.  The only things that really work are eating healthy and exercising.  Yeah I know it sucks to read that.  I wanted a magic pill that would make me look exactly like i looked on my wedding day!  If this pill existed I probably couldn't afford it anyway. So instead, hubby and I started riding our bikes and I did the Cardio Max dvd from the Biggest Losers.  Then, we got brave and decided to try P90x. We have 3 weeks left of our first round and I've never felt better!  point is we all start somewhere.  If you make little changes each day it all wont seem so hard.
 
Back to the nitty gritty:  This is just a place where I'll post my recipes (which most people ask me about).  I would like to say I'm not a doctor, dietician or a psychic (<----- Or else I would've won the lottery by now).  Consult your doctor before starting any diet to make sure you're as healthy as a horse.
 
I'll be posting before and after pictures soon.  If you have any questions on recipes from my instagram @mrsrodri777 let me know and I'll post how to make it :)
 
"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff. "-Remy from Ratatatouille
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Levi and I just wanted you to know we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done such a great job! You look amazing! I love that picture of you and Levi so much too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! Yeah, we had a rough night but we made it :)

      Delete