Monday, November 26, 2012

I Had a Pretty Awesome Day!!

Around six weeks ago I introduced my little Levi to the potty.  It was hit and miss for a few days and it seemed I was only stressing both of us out so I backed off.  Recently, he had started sitting on the potty chair with his clothes on.  I thought hey lets give this potty thing anothe try.  Last night, he sat on his potty before bed and did his business.  I was pretty  proud of my little guy.  He is going to be 20 months on December 4th and he is such a smart little guy.  I must say I tried the bottomless method that I read about on a mom blog and it didn't work for me.  He thought it was his free pass to pee all over the place.  Then I tried with little tighty whities and this worked better.  He realized that the underwear was not soaking up his business.  The moral of the story is that your baby has to be ready.  They are the ones that have to be intrested. Especially, since he is at that age where he is establishing his little attitude.  When I pushed potty training on him it didn't work.  This is still a work in progress but I'm super stoked to be closer to my goal of getting rid of those diapers.  Good luck with your little ones and I know I'll need it with mine.  If you have any tips for me please post them on my comments :)

**I also bought the potty chair he wanted.  He is pretty obsessed with cars so Lightning McQueen it was!!

2 comments: