Monday, November 26, 2012

Be Prepared

As a mom, it seems you have to function regardless of wether you are sick, bleeding, dying, or puking.  Meal prep is one of those things I do to keep my sanity.  It also helps me keep my snacking on track.  It's just as easy to grab crackers or carrot sticks but when you're hungry the crackers seem like the more appealing choice.  I always have baby carrots portions out to 3 oz a bag and hummus.  I just bought Supremely Spicy Hummus from Sabra and it was awesome.  I also back tablespoons of peanut butter.  Peanut butter is one of those foods that can bring you back from the dead when you're starving.  What do you do with the left over container that has peanut butter smeared all over?  Throw it away? NO WAY!  Overnight Oats :P 

Overnight Oats
Ingredients:
 
1 Chai tea bag
1tsp cinammon
1tsp vanilla extract
1/3 c 1minute oats
1/4 c low fat vanilla yogurt
 
Directions:
 
*Boil tea bag as directed
*Mix cinammon, vanilla extract and dry oats
*Pour tea over oats and nuke in microwave for 1 minute
*Let oats cool
*Add yogurt to cooled oats and pour into peanut butter jar and let it sit overnight
*Enjoy a hassle free breakfast!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment