Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Albondigas

Claire De Lune is on repeat as I make dinner.  This piano solo is so relaxing.  I had some ground beef in my fridge and I thought hey lets make albondigas (meatball soup).  I didn't have any eggs so I looked up eggless meatballs and some people substitute milk for the egg.  It worked but it was not the same. Anywho, every time I make this I am transported to a time where less responsibility was upon me.  My mom made this all the time and apart from her bomb chile rellenos this is my second favorite. 





Albondigas:

For Meatballs:

1.5lb ground beef
1 tblspn garlic minced
2 tblspn Maseca
1 egg
handful of mint
1/2 tspn salt

For the stew:

2 roma tomatos
1tblspn garlic minced
1/2 C green onions
1/2 C cilantro
2 celery stalks
6oz tomato sauce
6C Organic chicken stock
3 carrots
2 zucchini

*you can add vegetables of choice
*dont have time to peel veggies you can also use frozen

Meatballs
Directions:

*In a bowl, combine all ingredients and shape.  Set aside



 
Stew
Directions:
 
 
*Spray nonstick cooking spray in a pan or 1 tablespoon of canola oil and add (you can also add a hanful of rice here and when lighly browned add the rest of ingredients) garlic, tomatos, green onions, cilantro, and celery.  Cook until tomatos are softened.
*Add tomato sauce and cook until boiling
*Add Chicken stock and salt wait for it to boil and add meatballs.  Cook for 30 minutes on medium.
*Add desired vegetables and enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment