Monday, November 19, 2012

Crockpot Turkey Sausage and White Bean Soup

 

On days that I can't make it to the grocery store I have to be creative.  A great lesson I learned from my momma.  In life sometimes your pantry and refrigerator become an episode of Chopped (man I love that show).  Today was one of those days.  I looked in the fridge and there breakfast turkey sausage and the wheels started turning.  The weather called for soup and my crockpot always gets me out of a jam.  There was no leftovers which equals a thumbs up in my house.  If you make this I hope you enjoy!
Crockpot Turkey Sausage and White Bean Soup
Ingredients:
  • 6 Turkey Breakfast Sausage (diced)
  • 1 White Onion (chopped)
  • 1 C Dried Peruano Beans (any white bean will work but these are all I had)
  • 2 Bell Peppers(diced) (I had red and yellow one)
  • 6 Red Potatoes (cubed)
  • 8 C Organic Chicken Stock
  • 3 Carrots
  • Salt, Basil, and Oregano (I didn't measure)
Directions:

  1. Spray pan with cooking spray and cook sausage on medium heat.  When cooked place in crockpot.
  2. In the same pan cook onions until translucent and transfer to crockpot.
  3. Place beans, bell peppers, red potatoes, carrots and chicken stock in the crockpot
  4. Season with salt, basil and oregano
  5. Cook on high for 5 hours.  Until the beans are cooked through.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment