Sunday, December 23, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup

If you thought this was a healthy version of broccoli cheese then you were mistaken!  This afternoon I looked at the fridge and found that I had no protein to cook for dinner.  The average women would say its an order a pizza kind of day, but not I.  I saw a 2lb bag of broccoli that needed to be used.  Besides this is perfect for that time of the month when your cramps are getting the best of you :)  Yeah I know tmi!  Anywho, hope you enjoy because it was super good and easy to make. 

Ingredients:

5 Tablespoons of Smart Balance Butter
2 lb bag of Broccoli (chopped)
2 C chicken stock
Season to taste with: salt, pepper, mustard powder, and onion powder
1 can Cambells Cheese soup
Milk (fill can of cheese soup)
1 can Cambells Cream of Chicken soup

Directions:

  1. Melt butter in pan and sautee chopped up broccoli until softened
  2. Pour chicken stock in pan and season with salt, pepper, mustard powder (1/2 tspn),  and onion powder.
  3. Bring to a boil and then add both cans of soup, milk and stir well
  4. Bring to a boil once more and then set heat to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes

Man tonight I wished I had a sourdough bread bowl but I had already done enough damage with the cambells soup!  Hope you guys enjoy!!

2 comments: