Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year and New Goals

In July, when I started getting serious about my health, I never thought I would see this number on the scale.  Yet it seems like I am a different 125 than I was the day I married my prince charming. Six years ago I was eating hot cheetoos daily and washing those down with Dr. Pepper.  Ah yes the good ol days when we rely on our metabolism to take care of the garbage we put into our body.  Lesson learned!  I have had to workout like a maniac to get rid of 61pounds since Levi was born.  I also can't say that the only reason I gained weight was because I got pregnant.  I had been struggling with my weight for some time.  Once I got married I had a lot more pizza nights and the jogging that I used to do with my sister everyday was deleted from my plans.  Then there are the potlucks at work, the drive thrus for lunch, and the take out for dinner.  Needless to say, those calories add up quickly.  Lesson of the day:  You can't out-exercise a poor diet!

My new goal for 2013 is my high school weight which was 119lbs.  I am hoping to reach this by March.  I want to maintain that weight until the end of the year, if not surpass that weightloss to get ready for our next baby. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not exactly sure how I got here (I think instagram), but I just hit that wall where I realized I had to make a drastic change in my health, I'm feeling encouraged by your blog! Thank You! i have to loose 100+ lbs...I didn't know where to start, but I'm loving your mashed cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete