Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Coconut Shrimp


Yeah I've been going a little coconutty as of late.  I just can't help it!  I tripled the recipe and hoped to have leftovers for another day but these are so darn good that only 5 were left. The day just got away from me and my little guy didn't want to take his nap.  My theme song of the day was Aint No Rest For the Wicked.  I've been super tired with all this jogging. But the truth is that Levi and I were dancing to PSY Gangnam Style.

Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Coconut flour
1 large egg
salt
pepper
garlic powder
paprika
onion powder
1 pound of shrimp cleaned, with/without tail

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 390F
  2. Mix in salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and onion powder with coconut flour and create 3 bowls for coconut flour mix, beaten egg and shredded coconut.
  3. Dredge shrimps one by one in coconut flour mixture, followed my egg and then coat them in shredded coconut.
  4. Lay out on a lightly greased piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil on a baking tray and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment