Thursday, April 11, 2013

Almond Flour Chicken Bites

I had a really bad craving for popcorn chicken from KFC.  I haven't had KFC in ages.  These chicken bites are super easy to make and baked not fried.  I cut about a pound of chicken tenders into bite size pieces.  In a bowl I whisked an egg and put it aside.  In a ziplock freezer bag I mixed about a cup of almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and some seasoned salt.  The spices are optional and it really can be customized to what you like.  I season by smell.  If it smells good its gonna taste good!  I dropped all the chicken into the egg and covered all the pieces.  I took out the chicken from the egg mixture and put inside of the ziplock bag and shook it up.  When all the pieces where covered in the seasoned almond flour mixture I placed the chicken in rows on cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil (to spare me the clean up).  Before placing the chicken down I srayed the cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray.  My oven was preheated to 380F.  Cook for about 10 minutes on each side.  Levi loved these chicken"nuggets" and so they would be more grown up I tossed them with a little wing sauce!!!  These would be awesome in a salad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment